The Truth About Tobacco
A critically acclaimed anti-vaping & anti smoking educational video
for 6th – 12th grade
Includes new film, graphics & images of e-cigarettes.
Teacher’s Discussion Guide included
Starting at the 4th video down the page
“I have recently reviewed and evaluated a tobacco use prevention video that I would like to tell you about, The Truth about Tobacco, which features Patrick Reynolds. He is a grandson of RJ Reynolds, and a renowned tobacco prevention speaker at schools throughout the nation.
“This anti-smoking video, which shows a live talk to high school students by Mr. Reynolds, is a compelling and honest overview of the health problems caused by tobacco. The video is an excellent fit with our high school unit on tobacco, alcohol and other drugs. It meets all of our factual information objectives on tobacco use.
“It is the best and most up-to-date video on the topic of teen and adult tobacco use. It has no weaknesses. In my opinion, after viewing many similar videos, it is the best video available.
“As a result of our review and evaluation, we are purchasing this video for all of our high schools. We are also thinking of bringing Patrick Reynolds in to speak to our students ‘live’ and are now exploring getting sponsorship through the local County health department and/or our local hospitals. Evidently hospitals like cosponsoring, because he gets good local media coverage, which builds goodwill for them. I feel so positive about this program that I wanted to share this information with you.”
Evaluator of Health Education materials
Montgomery County Public Schools
Montgomery County, Maryland
“This video had a huge impact on my kids. I have shown it to all of my PE kids — 7th and 8th grade — and they were enthralled. I’ve never had 42 children in a portable classroom so quietly at the same time! We were so moved that many different activities stemmed from the viewing, and I am wrapping up the Tobacco unit with two days in our computer lab, going on a virtual field trip and taking a Webquest. I am grateful for this video.”
Carol Carey, PE teacher
Dartmouth Middle School
San Jose, CA
School Library Journal’s review
“Patrick Reynolds’ father died from the product that made the family fortune — cigarettes. In this program, Reynolds, grandson of tobacco company founder R.J. Reynolds and an anti-smoking advocate and renowned speaker, addresses a high school audience. His dynamic presentation is enlivened by videos, posters, and overhead slides. Amusing and effective take-offs of popular cigarette ads catch the audience’s attention… This production, with its humor and varied format, is a powerful reminder of all the reasons to avoid tobacco and a useful resource for drug/ tobacco education programs in middle and high schools.”
A Safe and Drug Free Schools coordinator says:
“The Truth About Tobacco is a powerful mix of great TV spots, live talk, photos, film clips, and excellent graphics. This video was so effective, we’re buying one for every school in our district. It will be an important part of our new tobacco education campaign. It should be in every middle and high school library.”
Linda Currier, Safe and Drug Free Schools
Drug Education Coordinator
Eagle Mountain-Saginaw School District, Fort Worth, TX
The Truth about Tobacco
With award-winning TV spots, film clips,
live talk, photos and anti-smoking graphics
The Truth About Tobacco is a multimedia presentation
which helps empower youth to stay tobacco free and drug free.
This video motivates and inspires students.
- This anti vaping video emphasizes the addictiveness of nicotine
- Discusses chewing tobacco and tells the tragic story of Sean Marsee. Watch thispowerful clip from the video.
- This anti smoking video features a top speaker who opens students’ eyes to how tobacco advertising can manipulate teens. Watch this clip from the video about tobacco advertising.
- Includes anti vaping images and e-cigarettes
- Creates a new perception of stars who glamorize smoking in TV and films
- Motivates teens to resist peer pressure, and provides them with a clear formula for saying no
- Empowers students to also make responsible choices about drugs and alcohol
- INITIATION Reynolds offers youth his unique initiation into life.
- Stresses the importance of talking about problems, and not isolating (especially useful for at risk students)
- Mr. Reynolds believes worry about the future is a significant factor in teen smoking, vaping and drug use. To address this, this classic anti smoking video includes a section at the end which aims to strengthen teens’ faith in the future. Watch this clip from the video. In it, Mr. Reynolds tells the teens, “Catch my faith that there are wondrous times ahead. You’ll need your health, every precious bit of it, in the incredible, amazing years ahead of us all. So don’t smoke, and don’t drink, and don’t use drugs — because the future is looking great! I close with this promise: the Smokefree society is coming one day — and it’s coming because of you.”
- Video is divided into two parts, 20 minutes and 18 minutes, for viewing on separate class days. This allows time for class discussion, using the guide provided.
- New award-winning TV spots, live talk, film clips, photos and graphics
- Teacher’s Class Discussion Guide included
- Click here for info on the live talks for schools offered by Mr. Reynolds, similar to the talk in his educational video.
Patrick Reynolds is one of today’s best known tobacco prevention educators.
According to former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, “Patrick Reynolds is one of the nation’s most influential advocates of a Tobaccofree World. His testimony is invaluable to our society.”Mr. Reynolds’ appearances in the media and before Congress have made him a nationally known and respected champion for a Tobaccofree World. In hundreds of television, radio and print interviews, he has reminded millions of people of the dangers of smoking.
He’s a grandson of tobacco company founder R.J. Reynolds, but the family’s brands, Camel and Winston, killed his father and eldest brother.
In 1986 Mr. Reynolds became the first tobacco industry figure to turn his back on the cigarette companies. Since then he has devoted his life to the anti-smoking cause, and to keeping our young people tobacco free.
His anti vaping anti smoking video for 6th to 12th grade, The Truth About Tobacco, won rave reviews.
We accept purchase orders.
Please fax to (310)388-1350.